Sunday, February 18, 2007

Knott's Berry Farm- Fortune Teller

Here is a shot of a fortune teller machine located in the Ghost Town section of Knott's Berry Farm. I was surprised to see such a detailed piece of artwork at knott's. Like Disneyland's fortune tellers, this machine uses elaborate figures to entice guests to spend some change at the park. This one shows an old woman who uses her "wisdom" to tell your future. However, I ended up not spending the change.


A close up of the woman shows the terrific detail of the figure. She almost looks real. She doesn't look like a fortune teller, but she does fit in with the ghost town theme of the park.


Another angle of the machine. Too bad there was so much glare on the window. It is still worth checking out if you're ever at Knott's.

Visit the Knott's Berry Farm Website here.

Tags:

2 comments:

Lin48 said...

I can't believe you didn't want your fortune!

Do you know how old this machine (or more specifically, the figure) is? There is one of these at a little amusement park by me, but I don't think that the figure is wax.
In general, unlike the machine in your pictures, it looks pretty worse for wear.

B said...

Thanks for the comment,
I should have seen if it gave out a card or something. I was actually looking for pressed pennies when I came across the machine. I don't know how old it is. Seeing how knott's doesn't keep their figures in good shape, and that this one IS in good shape makes me think it may not be too old. But I can be wrong about this. I cheat a little and allow some non wax figures in as long as I feel they have the same "spirit" as wax figures. The non wax old woman does look terrific though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails